The former grandeur of Domaine Rennepont is preserved in this domain, which surfaced in writings as early as 1706. Built as a monastery farm under the reign of the Abbey of Clairvaux, it quickly expanded and was used by several noble families, the ‘Seigneurs et Marquis de Rennepont’.
In the early 1900’s, the buildings have fallen into decay and were mainly used as a farm. In 2004, the first major renovations begun and the new tourist destination finally started taking shape. For the inhabitants of Rennepont, the domain still goes by the name ‘Le Chateau de Rennepont’.
Shield of the Pons de Rennepont family